Monday, March 20, 2006

The first day of Spring was also my first day on the new job.

I had a good first day of work at Luther Family Ford. As with any job I suppose there is a lot of new information coming at me from 360 degrees at nearly the speed of sound. I think I can process it all but I'm not sure in what kind of time frame.

Ford sells a lot of different car and truck models with so many variants on the body styles that it can literally be hundreds of options for the entire line of vehicles. I'm not going to try and pick up every little detail on every model right away. I'll stick with the big stuff at first and within a year or less (hopefully) I can be pretty familiar with most of what I need to know.

We haven't gotten into the sales process yet so I really don't know how to sell a car. I'm actually not allowed to sell a car this week because I'm in training and we haven't even seen any of the paper work or how that part of the sales process works. That'll take a couple of days at least before I can even begin to think about selling vehicles.

For now, I'm testing out the merchandise and learning everything I can about the product. My "homework" consists of hundreds of pages of product brochures and information books about all the cars, SUV's, trucks, and vans on the lot.

Quite a mental work out for an "old" man.

No comments: